What to take to the most incredible, romantic and stylish city in Europe? After all, I am going to represent my own country and city – so I don't want some cheesy skinny French girl (that of course wears a small Chanel 2.55 and Christian Louboutin ankle boots – what else?) to say: "This fille has a very etrange way to dress herself." Bla, bla, baaaaa-haa! Get over yourself.
So beside the fact that I am planning to NOT take my whole wardrobe with me (after all there NEEDS to be enough space for clothes, accessoires and books), here are the Top5 things to bring to Paris – or actually to any other city that you want to explore en vouge.
1. A pair of dark-blue jeans. Dark blue is never wrong. You can wear them with a casual sweater to go shopping or with a white shirt to go out for dinner. Multi-usable items not also save you space in your luggage, but also make you feel comfortable – wherever you are.
Jeans by 7 for all Mankind.
2. Because of the weather forcast (cloudy, but not freezing) a trench coat. I always hate to carry around heavy jackets – or even worse – those weird neon-coloured ones. You always look stupid carrying them around and they are always too big to stuff it in your bag. The good thing about the trench is, that you can even wear it if it's not really necessary. You know, those moments when you think 'Hm..okay, it is kinda warm outside, but I am not sure if I should leave without a coat...' A trench is always part of an outfit and even looks good, when you carry it.Short trench coat by Burberry.
3. Simply, flat and black Ballerinas. Yeah. Trust me. I walked through New York City, Rome, Berlin, London and Valencia – always with the same kind of shoes. Flat Ballerinas. Why? You can wear them with your jeans, a skirt or a dress, it always look great and makes sure you can explore the city in style without ruining your feet. Come on. I know, 4-inch-high heels look amazing, but just not when you're on your way from the Collosseum to the Via Condotti. Flat Ballerinas by Christian Louboutin.
4. A big shoulder bag. Why? Five letters. S-P-A-C-E. Space, that you don't have to, but can use. Of course you shouldn't stuff your hardcovered French vocabulary and your whole make up bag in your big bag (just think about your shoulders after standing in line to get into the Louvre for two hours!), but just think about the little things you can carry with you without thinking about it. Mulberry's Mitzy leather tote.
4.1. Things that I will carry with me in my bag while in Paris:1. My iPhone (+ headphones)
2. Lonely Planet Paris
3. Moleskine City Guide Paris
4. My sister's cam that she gratefully lent me
5. My small butterfly covered box, containing pens, pencils, a comb and Burt's Bees Lipbalm
6. Tissues
7. Wallet
8. Pocket mirror
5. A large scarf to cover you up (in the plance, café, etc.) when necessary. Write me on your list, Marc Jacobs! I fell for yours (and Stephen Sprouse's) leo scarf from day one and I am not ashamed to admit it! It is PERFECT. It is simply, it is large, it is soft and rrraaawwww!
Louis Vuitton's classic leo scarf by Stephen Sprouse.
So. That's it. As you can see, you don't need that much to always look great while exploring a different city. And though all these items are from amazing designer, you can totally shop-alikes. Then all of these things are alltime classics, that can be bought by spending very little (H&M), to a bit (ZARA) or even a lot of money (Burberry [Prorsum]). Whatevery way you choose, I know that you will look fab.
Well. I guess it's time to go. I think I will leave you with another list (maybe I should do that more often). My Top5 Songs that I listen to while packing for Paris.
Au revoir!
2. Lonely Planet Paris
3. Moleskine City Guide Paris
4. My sister's cam that she gratefully lent me
5. My small butterfly covered box, containing pens, pencils, a comb and Burt's Bees Lipbalm
6. Tissues
7. Wallet
8. Pocket mirror
5. A large scarf to cover you up (in the plance, café, etc.) when necessary. Write me on your list, Marc Jacobs! I fell for yours (and Stephen Sprouse's) leo scarf from day one and I am not ashamed to admit it! It is PERFECT. It is simply, it is large, it is soft and rrraaawwww!
Louis Vuitton's classic leo scarf by Stephen Sprouse.
So. That's it. As you can see, you don't need that much to always look great while exploring a different city. And though all these items are from amazing designer, you can totally shop-alikes. Then all of these things are alltime classics, that can be bought by spending very little (H&M), to a bit (ZARA) or even a lot of money (Burberry [Prorsum]). Whatevery way you choose, I know that you will look fab.Well. I guess it's time to go. I think I will leave you with another list (maybe I should do that more often). My Top5 Songs that I listen to while packing for Paris.
Au revoir!
1. Zaza - Je veux
2. Coraline Clément - C'est la vie
3. Five for Fighting - Chances
4. Summer's over - Jon Roberts
5. The Duke Spirit - Neptune's Call
2. Coraline Clément - C'est la vie
3. Five for Fighting - Chances
4. Summer's over - Jon Roberts
5. The Duke Spirit - Neptune's Call
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen